This is Yau Ma Tei. Kinda II

EN

Lets explore Yau Ma Tei district once again! I want to show you my favorite street this time and it's called Shanghai Street/上海街 and hey my apartment happens to be in this street too! But that's not the only reason that Shanghai street is my bae street.

This 2,3km long street is home to lots of kitchenware shops in Chinese, traditional or Western style. Most of my baking moulds and other knick nacks are from there and if you are like me who loves to shop for household stuff and kitchen goods, you'll love this street. And because my apartment was there, you can almost find me every morning in Shanghai Street because that's where I buy my breakfast too.

    
NL

Laten we nog een keer door Yau Ma Tei wijk verkennen en dit keer wil ik jullie voorstellen aan mijn favoriete straat: Shanghai Straat/上海街. Wat toevallig dat mijn appartement ook aan deze straat bevindt! Natuurlijk is dat niet de enige reden wat tot mijn favoriete straat behoort.

Deze 2,3km lange straat is thuis voor de vele keukenhulp- en apparatuur in zowel Chinees, traditioneel of Westers stijl. De meeste bakspullen van thuis komen namelijk hier vandaan en als je net als ik dol ben op leuke keukenspulletjes scoren, dan ben je bij deze straat aan het goede adres. Ik was hier zowat elke dag te vinden, niet alleen voor keukenspullen maar ook voor 't ontbijt.  

❝Zweef
de cursor
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!

Kingdom of kitchen tools
Shanghai Street - Hong Kong
There`s a street in Yau Ma Tei called Shanghai Street and this is my favorite street because it has the best kitchen tool & supplies shops.
If you want to score affordable and high quality kitchen stuff, Shanghai Street is your place to be!
Tips and advice
- What kitchen stuff do you find: lots of baking tools, beautiful porcelain, restaurants machinery, weird traditional Chinese kitchen tools and this all in many sizes and forms.
- Most of these kitchen-good shops are quite old, small and dusty but that doesn`t take away the quality of the merchandise.
- My advise: just go to every shop and explore!
- If you`re looking for something specific: go to every shop and explore! I have also noticed that every shop has a different price tag and therefor it`s ok to explore and snif around until find it.
- Check a product fully and carefully before purchasing it. Refund is not appreciated most of the time.
- Lastly: try to haggle. A skill that I still not have mastered yet.
I can fit inside the most below pan like it was that huge.
This shop is my favorite baking shop and not for their moulds and pans but for their unusual ingredients.
This is my apartment! Also in Shanghai Street.
And lastly, this streetfood stand selling `tako yaki` and egg puff waffle which is right across my apartment. Maybe they are not the best streetfood seller but for what they offer in price (HKD 12 for two egg puff waffles) and freshly made infront of your nose i`ll say: AWESOME.
» Yau Ma Tei 1

Comments

  1. Haha what kind of unusual ingredients does that I <3 CAKE store sell? :D -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've spent many an hour on this street with my parents! I fondly remember a 3-hour stint spent here shortly before my parents opened their restaurant around 7 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love asian cookware -- especially spoons that perfectly fit the bowls they were made for!

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls