Project: Sugar free crème brûlée with lavender

EN

Enjoy a dessert without sugar. What? Is that even possible and tasty? Yes! That's right. Well at least not involving with the 'bad' sugar because after all a dessert is sweet right. I have involved  a healthier sugar alternative and I have used for todays recipe called crème brûlée. With lavender just to make it extra special. Here I have replaced the tablesugar for coconut syrup and this stuff is devine I tell you!

I hope you try this recipe out. I think it's great for special dinner parties or what about the upcoming holidays!   
NL

Geniet van een toetje zonder suiker. Wat? Is dat wel mogelijk en nog belangrijker, is het wel lekker? Ja hoor! Nouja dan wel zonder het gebruik van de 'slechte suiker' want een toetje is tenslotte altijd zoet toch? Ik heb namelijk de slechte suikers vervangen door gezondere alternatief en dat deed ik ook bij het recept van vandaag: crème brûlée! Met lavendel om het extra speciaal te maken. Ik heb namelijk kokosstroop gebruikt en dit spul is geweldig joh!

Probeer dit recept een keer uit. Bij een leuke etentje thuis of wat dacht je van de aankomende feestdagen!

❝Zweef
de cursor
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!
The ingredients
3 egg yolks
1¼ cup cream
3 tbsp. coconut syrup/regular sugar
1 cap vanille essence
1 tbsp. dried lavender
Stevia/coconut sugar/or just regular sugar for the topping
Alternative healthier sugars like coconut sugar and maple syrup for example are quite pricey in my opinion so when I saw that this coconut syrup was on sale, I was sold.
Here I have used stevia but honestly I don`t like stevia at all, bleh. It has a real weird plastic taste to it but -sigh- trying to use up this pot of stevia I have at home.
Honestly it does not create that crispy crack on top sadly since I have not used real sugar I suppose but it does give a hint of caramel flavor on top which is satisfying too am I right?
The steps
1. Preheat oven to 160°C, boil water in the kettle and get a deep baking tray ready.
2. Heat up cream + coconut syrup + vanille essence + lavender in a saucepan and heat up on medium-low fire. Do not let it boil up!
3. Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks in a big bowl until they turn into a pale light yellow color
4. When the cream is starting to simmer (you see small bubbles forming around the edge) you may now add the cream to the yolks by adding around a ¼ of the cream at a time and beat continually.
5. Run the creamy mixture through a sieve into a pouring jug and from there pour it in the ramekins.
6. Place the ramekins gently into the prepared baking tray. Pour the boiled water into the baking tray (careful not to spill into the crème brûlée). This is called `au bain marie` or simple a water bath. Bake for 30-35 min.
7. Remove the ramekins from the water bath and let it cool down first before placing it in the fridge which then you need 3 hours to cool in.
8. Sprinkle a good layer (not too much or to little) sugar on top and grill it with a torch or put them under a grill/broiler in the oven for 5 min. I have also reused the lavender from before and put them on top as well.

Comments

  1. Those little containers are so cute! Wonderful recipe, thanks for sharing - hopefully I can get off my lazy butt and try it!

    nat // dignifiable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut syrup?? I love coconut and I love syrup!! I must admit that the crunchy layer at the top of a creme brulee is so satisfying. I think I would definitely love to use coconut syrup for a variety of things though! Also those two little pink and blue pots are so beautiful! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a unique twist to Crème Brûlé. Looks good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I love the little pots/pans! So adorable. Creme brulee is one of my FAV dessert. That moment when you crack the top... pure happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks soooo yummy, also those little teeny pots are just so cute!

    Gen | Raspberry Notes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew dried lavender for the first time!
    I would love to get soon!
    And I saw your new profile page!
    I also love dairy, so I can't be a vegan...

    akiko

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls